Sunday, November 13, 2011


Knives in various stages of handle installation. For these, I'm using Gorilla glue between the wood and steel, and 2 part epoxy between the wood and pins. I've tried every epoxy known, and the Gorilla has never failed me. A few of the others have. You just can't have any gaps between the wood and steel, but I really shouldn't have any way.
5 of a 10 knife order. Amboyna burl on 4, mesquite on the middle. These knives are 6" overall length, with a 2.5" cutting edge.

2 are 5160/8670/15n20 damascus, the middle is 1095/nickel.
I finished 2 more this afternoon, and should finish the other 3 tomorrow, unless something goes wrong. Then its off to the sheath maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment