Friday, February 3, 2012

Re-grand opening

My daughter, Jessica, is having her re-grand opening tomorrow from 12 till 5. She has a lot of neat stuff and is always looking for new artists. http://www.jsartandsoul.com/  I'm in charge of the cupcakes tomorrow, if you can make it, be sure to stop at my table.




Back to Ryan's knife. I got the holes drilled, and heat treating done.


The bolsters and stabilized mesquite wood roughed out. Now all I need to do is finish.

The heat treating on this particular steel went something like this;

Normalizing; Into an oven and heated to 1525 degrees, taken out and air cooled, back in to 1450 degrees, and air cooled, back in to around 1300 and cooled.

Hardening; Into the oven and heated to 1475 degrees, then dunked in quench oil.

Tempering; Into the oven at 350 degrees for two hours, twice.


1 comment: