Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hogs

A good morning running the hog traps. I had 7 this morning, and got 2 outside this trap.
These destructive beasts have become increasingly harder to trap. They have gotten a lot smarter, probably due to hunters keeping the big ones to sell, and turning the little ones out. Those little ones will never trap again. I hunt hogs 7 days a week, 365 days a year and can't tell I have made any difference at all. There is no telling how much money they cost me every year in lost pasture and torn up equipment.

A bit I made back in May. 1018/nickel damascus shanks and a low port mouthpiece. This was supposed to be a set of spurs, but the billet ended up too short, and I had to find something else to build out of it. I heat colored it just to see how it would look, and kind of liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment