Friday, June 22, 2012

Hay and news

Yes, it's that time of year again. Actually it is late, we should be getting ready make a second cutting, but the grass just never got ready. I think the drought has been a lot harder on this country than anyone realizes. I think we will be several years getting back to normal. We have put back a few heifers in hopes that we will have some grass in the future, but we haven't started restocking in earnest yet. I might give it another year and let some pastures rest, they sure need it.
 I have managed to successfully dodge the tractor seat and wrenches so far this year, lets hope my luck holds, as well as Joe and Kyle's health.


I found this article interesting, not because I am for or against genetically modified crops, but because Monsanto somehow has my cell phone number, and their salesmen have called me every day for about a month. Mostly at very inopportune times. For the foreseeable future, I am against anything Monsanto is for, and vice versa.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036254_GM_corn_rootworm_crop_failures.html

I do wish I knew a real farmer that could explain some of this stuff to me. Though I am strictly cattle, corn and corn prices make a big difference to my bottom line.

A few cow pictures where I don't end this mad thinking about tractors and rootworms;




No comments:

Post a Comment