Saturday, January 4, 2014

Back to the ole grindstone

Kate mailed me a white tail deer shed and asked me to put it on some of my steel. I was happy to do so. I hope her kin folks are happy with them. 5160/8670/15n20 damascus for the knife blade.





We usually start calving in January, and this year is no different. I checked heifers this morning and noticed a few starting to bag up. I'm sure the bad weather that is on the way will bring on a lot of calves. 18 degrees and a 30 mph wind is predicted for the next few days. May be we won't have much trouble, these heifers had a little more maturity on them than most, and were bred to a corriente bull. The grown cows probably won't be worried about much, they have plenty to eat and can shelter in the woods, they will make it just fine.

I hope my friends up north make it OK. Good luck, maybe it won't last long. Has it been a rough winter or am I just getting old?


No comments:

Post a Comment