Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Turned out and riding through them

We  have our calves turned out in the big lot now, and it is somebody's job to go ride through them every day and check for sick ones. I, of course, was watching the weather and took my turn through Sunday, while my children runtoff for a weekend of fun and frivolities.

Jessica picked up a colt from a trainer who put 30 rides on it, and of all mornings, decided she would see how she rode. The wind speed and temperature where the same this morning. 34. I showed up just to watch the wreck. Much to my chagrin, and desperately needing something to talk about in the coffee shop, the colt never made a bobble. She rode around like an old horse all morning. I think she has a good one.


I wished I was this brave again.


No comments:

Post a Comment