Sunday, December 9, 2012

The quest

I have spent the vast majority of my life in search of the perfect horse. Peanut is my latest acquisition, and only time will tell if he is any thing close.

14 hands, and about 1000 pounds is what attracted me to him at first. When you get old and crippled up, and have as many gates off the hinges as I do, you think about things like getting on and off.
 He came from some local cutting horse trainers, and has quite a handle on him. He almost lost me the first time a calf tried to get by us. The leap from cutting horse to working cow horse isn't very far, and he is catching on quick.

He's a little rough on the trot, but outside of that, I haven't found many holes in him.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, this is my daughters latest horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment